Our new module enables Preschool and UTK teachers to share age-appropriate lessons and activities from original creation or existing resources/curriculum. In this platform, resources are pre-aligned with CA preschool foundation DRDP as well as CCSS.
Our Lesson Library is designed not only to provide public lessons that are easily searchable by age group, domain, and theme, but also to help agencies easily create their agency-wide lessons, and powers teachers to create new lessons based on lesson resources, store their lessons, and easily search for them.
The “Lesson Library” consists of three parts:
- Public Lessons
- Agency-wide Lessons
- Lessons Management
1. Public Lessons
These rich public lesson resources enable agencies to customize agency-wide lessons or their own lessons.
- Public lessons are easily searchable by age group, domain, theme, and lesson name.
- Lessons can also be filtered by update time, likes and favorites.
- You can simply add a public lesson to "Agency-wide Lesson" by opening a lesson and clicking on the "Replicate" button.
- To download a lesson, click the “PDF” button in the upper right corner of the page.
2. Agency-Wide Lessons
- These lessons are available to staff in your agency only.
- You can create a new lesson, or add/remove lessons that are created by other teachers to “Agency-wide Lessons”.
TO CREATE A NEW AGENCY-WIDE LESSON
- Go to Agency-wide Lessons and click on Add New
Complete required information (such as Lesson name, age group, Theme/topic, framework, measures, objectives, materials, etc.)
- Add Family Resources - Book, video book, and attachments (if applicable)
TO REMOVE A LESSON CREATED BY TEACHERS FROM AGENCY-WIDE LESSON
- Go to Agency-wide Lessons and click on a lesson you want to remove. Select 'Remove from Agency-wide Lessons' from the upper left corner of the page to remove the lesson
TO REMOVE/DELETE A LESSON YOU CREATED
- Go to Agency-wide Lessons and click on a lesson you created. Click on the trash icon to delete and remove the lesson from Agency-wide Lessons.
- TO RESTORE OR PERMANENTLY ERASE A DELETED LESSON
- All deleted lessons will automatically be stored in a recycle bin so users will be able to restore a lesson if needed. To find the recycle bin, go to "Deleted Lessons" under Agency-wide Lessons. You can either restore lessons or delete them permanently.
3. Lessons Management
- Lessons Management lets you view all the lessons that were created by the teachers in your agency.
- Select a teacher from the menu, you can view all lessons created by this teacher.
- To add a lesson to “Agency-wide Lessons”, click on this lesson, then click the “Add to Agency-wide Lessons” button.
- If a lesson has been added to “Agency-wide Lessons”, it will be highlighted with a red icon.