It is easy to publish a home observation sent by a parent! You will need to have access to the Learning Genie educator app to do so. Here's how:
1. Log into your Learning Genie educator app, and select your classroom
2. Tap the "Messages" tab on the left-hand side (iPad)
3. Access the thread containing a home observation submitted by a parent
4. Tap and hold on the home observation
5. On the prompt, tap "Save to Portfolio Draft"
6. Switch to your Portfolios by tapping the Portfolio tab
7. Locate and select the child containing the portfolio draft
8. Tap the edit pencil to revise the draft
9. Modify the text as needed and add your measures, then use the check mark in the top-right corner to publish!
If your app is up to date you will have the new updated version of parents sending home observations!
Now when a parent submit home observations they will be automatically saved as portfolio drafts, Go to your portfolio section and it will be stamped with who created the note and all you need to do is edit and publish!
If you are more of a visual learner, please refer to our video tutorial linked below!