It is easy to publish a home observation sent by a parent! You will need to have access to the Learning Genie educator app to do so. Here's how:
1. Log into your Learning Genie educator app, and select your classroom.
2. Tap the "Portfolios" tab on the left-hand side (iPad).
3. Find a note submitted by the parent.
4. Click on the edit pencil at the bottom right corner.
5. On the prompt, "Update" and make necessary changes if needed.
6. Add measures.
7. Once you are done, click on the checkmark in the top-right corner to publish!
The old way:
1. Log into your Learning Genie educator app, and select your classroom
2. Tap the "Messages" tab on the left-hand side (iPad)
3. Access the thread containing a home observation submitted by a parent
4. Tap and hold on to the home observation
5. On the prompt, tap "Save to Portfolio Draft"
6. Switch to your Portfolios by tapping the Portfolio tab
7. Locate and select the child containing the portfolio draft
8. Tap the edit pencil to revise the draft
9. Modify the text as needed and add your measures, then use the checkmark in the top-right corner to publish!
If you are more of a visual learner, please refer to our video tutorials below!